DATE: SUN, JUN 25, 2023
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL SUPERIORITY
“For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.” – (Deuteronomy 4:24)
READ: 2 Kings 6:15-23 (KJV)
- And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
- And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
- And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
- And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
- And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.
- And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
- And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?
- And he answered, Thou shalt not smite them: wouldest thou smite those whom thou hast taken captive with thy sword and with thy bow? set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.
- And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.
Spiritual Superiority is what can make you deal with your enemies so completely that you make a mockery of them. That is what happened in Colossians 2:15 which says, “And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
(2 Kings 6:8-20) tells us that a king considered Elisha as a threat, so he sent an entire army to arrest him. This however turned out to be an impossible mission because Elisha demonstrated spiritual superiority by arresting the entire army when they got to his place. As if that was not enough, he also led them as captives into their enemy’s territory.
When God sees a man or woman who is committed to a life of holiness, He will use that fellow to make an open shame of the enemy and arrest arresters. If you get really close to God, you won’t pray for your enemies to be destroyed because the Bible says in Psalm 23:5:
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
If all enemies are dead, who will behold your glory? I am praying for you that God will take you to such a level that in the very presence of your enemies, He will be glorified in you, in Jesus’ name.
Your ability to exhibit spiritual superiority over the devil happens when you become really close to God. How close do you want to be to God – the Consuming Fire? The elders say that when a leaf stays long with the soap, it will become soap. If you stay sufficiently close to the Consuming Fire, you too will become a consuming fire. If you really want to be able to put your enemies to shame, then you need to get close to the Consuming Fire. The price to pay for this is complete holiness and constant fellowship with God. Fasting and prayers must be your lifestyle.
Without holiness, you cannot even have access to the Lord, talk less of being close to Him. Live holy and you will see the enemy begging you to release them after you have arrested them.
When you get sufficiently close to the Consuming Fire, you will also become a consuming fire against your enemies.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 23 – TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE
- Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.
- Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
- Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.